Re: ADO CommandTimeout vs Postgres statement_timeout parameter

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue(at)dream(dot)email(dot)ne(dot)jp>, Richard Hetherington <hetheringtonrichard(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ADO CommandTimeout vs Postgres statement_timeout parameter
Date: 2016-05-30 01:24:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

From: Inoue, Hiroshi [mailto:h-inoue(at)dream(dot)email(dot)ne(dot)jp]
What does SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT means for e.g.SQLBulkOperations()?

The ODBC spec doesn’t seem to specify it. The SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT description in the SQLSetStmtAttr() reference page mentions “SQL Statement”, whereas SQLBulkOperations() talks about “operations.” And the relationship between SQL statements and operations is not specified. I think that depends on the driver, and it’s legal that the query timeout applies to each operation.

Apart from that, I forgot to call QR_Destructor() after CC_send_query(). Revised patch attached.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
query_timeout_v2.patch application/octet-stream 10.4 KB