Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why doesn't my mail appear on the pgsql-announce list?
Date: 2016-04-25 03:37:14
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello, Stephen,

Thank you for your quick response.

> The moderators have not approved it because it does not fall under any of
> the defined categories for acceptable mail to -announce. The -announce
> policy is here:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval

I didn't notice this page. Thanks.
(But my mail seems to fall under " Major new advocacy effort"...)

> If you wish to have an exception made to that policy, then I believe it
> needs to come from -core.

I'm OK as I could post to pgsql-advocacy successfully.

> For my own 2c regarding the merits of this particular mail, I'm not sure
> that it should be allowed to -announce, even as an exception.
> Specifically, I believe that if we wish for a survey to be published then
> we should develop it as a community and provide a way to ensure that the
>
> Note that postgresql.org already has the ability to host surveys and for
> users to respond to those surveys.

Yes, actually, I wanted to post the survey on postgresql.org, but I didn't know how. In addition, it seemed that postgresql.org survey can contain only a single question. My survey requires three questions. What's more, the survey form needs to allow respondents to add new choices to the multiple-choice question, and the second question needs to change based on the first one. Those requirements made me choose Google Form and write some Google App Script.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa