Re: BUG #17116: Assert failed in SerialSetActiveSerXmin() on commit of parallelized serializable transaction

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #17116: Assert failed in SerialSetActiveSerXmin() on commit of parallelized serializable transaction
Date: 2022-01-09 17:00:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello Thomas,
30.07.2021 08:48, Thomas Munro wrote:
> The problem is that if we don't take the fast exit here:
You wouldn't mind if I file a separate bug report regarding the last
problem (not related to the initial bug report)?
Now I can propose a minimal reproduction for it, that can ease testing
and choosing the most appropriate fix.
As to v4-0001-Fix-assert-failures-in-parallel-SERIALIZABLE-READ.patch
you posted before, I believe it fixes the issues as expected and may be
committed at least to allow for advanced testing.

Best regards,
Alexander