Using more than one LDAP?

From: Paul Förster <paul(dot)foerster(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Using more than one LDAP?
Date: 2021-01-06 14:38:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

can I use more than one LDAP server entry in pg_hba.conf? My tests show that only the first one is used.

Example:

ldap1.domain contains user1, user2
ldap2.another.domain contains user3, user4

All 4 users have an account in a PostgreSQL cluster.

ldap1 is openLDAP and ldap2 is Windows AD. Both naturally have different parameters/options and as such require two different lines in pg_hba.conf.

If I connect as user1 or user2, it works. If I try to connect as user3 or user4, it fails because ldap1 reports the user as non-existent, which is correct for ldap1. But in this case, ldap2 is never asked.

How can I solve this dilemma?

Cheers,
Paul