Re: Postgres dying after many failed logins

From: Lynn Carol Johnson <lcj34(at)cornell(dot)edu>
To: Rui DeSousa <rui(at)crazybean(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres dying after many failed logins
Date: 2021-11-08 18:40:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you for the feedback.

We originally had this setup as a test, and we were connecting to the db from outside. Once the test scenario became something more permanent we neglected to fix access rights. Currently all access should be from a docker GUI which is run on that AWS instance, so I agree it shouldn’t be available.

As you suggest, we’ve removed the postgres port from the AWS instance inbound rules and hoping this takes care of it . Thanks again – I’m new to AWS and postgres setup so am making mistakes, but learning.