Re: PostgreSQL 11 Release: Call for Quotes

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: press(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 11 Release: Call for Quotes
Date: 2018-08-29 20:05:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 7/11/18 9:55 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PostgreSQL 11 is currently in beta testing[1][2] (Beta 2 was released
> 2018-06-28),
> which means we that we are underway in terms of pulling together all
> of our content
> and materials for the release.
>
> One feature we always like to include in the press release are quotes from
> people using PostgreSQL that help to highlight the importance and
> utility of
> the upcoming release. For examples of quotes in recent past releases,
> please see:
>
> * PostgreSQL 10 [3]
> * PostgreSQL 9.6 [4]
> * PostgreSQL 9.5 [5]
>
> In this tradition, we would like to receive some quotes for the
> upcoming PostgreSQL 11
> release that highlight how you are using PostgreSQL how the new
> features will impact
> your experience. For inspiration, please look at the Beta release
> announcements[1][2], the
> release notes[6], or various blog articles highlighting the new
> features that can be seen
> on Planet PostgreSQL[7] or the community Twitter feed[8].
>
> If you are interested in submitting a quote, please include the following:
>
> * Your Name
> * Your Organization
> * A 1-3 sentence quote that highlights your usage of PostgreSQL,
> either around a
> new feature or how PostgreSQL has helped you scale / save / develop
> more rapidly.
>
> If you are submitting on behalf of your organization please ensure you
> have permission
> to provide the quote.
>
> Please send your submissions to press(at)postgresql(dot)org
> <mailto:press(at)postgresql(dot)org> no later than September 7, 2018.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jonathan
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1855/ (PostgreSQL 11 Beta 1
> Released)
> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1867/ (PostgreSQL 11 Beta 2
> Released)
> [3] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1786/ (PostgreSQL 10 Released)
> [4] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1703/ (PostgreSQL 9.6 Released)
> [5] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1636/ (PostgreSQL 9.5 Released)
> [6] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/static/release-11.html (PostgreSQL
> 11 Release Notes)
> [7] https://planet.postgresql.org/ (Planet PostgreSQL)
> [8] https://twitter.com/postgresql (@postgresql)

Just a friendly reminder that if you are interested in submitting a
quote, you still have time, but the submission deadline is rapidly
approaching (September 7, 2018).

If you would like to see where your quote would be featured, have a look
at the draft of the PostgreSQL 11 press release[1].

If you would like to submit a quote, please send the following to
press(at)postgresql(dot)org:

    * Your Name
    * Your Organization
    * A 1-3 sentence quote that highlights your usage of PostgreSQL (see
quote placeholders in press release), or how PostgreSQL has helped you

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=releases/11/en/release.en.md;