Re: connection timeouts and "killing" users

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave(dot)gauthier(at)intel(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connection timeouts and "killing" users
Date: 2008-09-11 20:27:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, issue a kill on the pid from the command line as either postgres
or root. note I didn't say kill -9 there.

How do I get the pids? Is there something specific I should look for in
the executable name I can see in "ps"?

Will I break any remote server processes which are handeling remote
attaches if I do this?