Arrays are sorted when using intarray subtraction operator

From: Casey & Gina <cg(at)osss(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Arrays are sorted when using intarray subtraction operator
Date: 2024-06-04 20:00:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I've noticed that when using the `-` operator provided by the intarray extension, it appears to sort the results. Although I want the results sorted, I'd expect to have to additionally use the `sort` function it provides, as this behavior isn't documented. I don't want to rely on undocumented behavior, although it would simplify my queries to do so. Is the documentation lacking in this detail, or is it an unintended bug?

Thanks,
--
Casey