client interfaces

From: "David Parker" <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
To: "postgres general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: client interfaces
Date: 2005-04-12 14:51:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there anything like a client library for postgres that does not use
tcp/ip as the protocol? As part of the performance tuning of our
application, the question was posed to me whether there was a more
"direct" sort of API that would not require going through the tcp/ip
stack. I assume the answer to this is "no", and I see no hint of
anything in the source code, but I thought I would ask the question,
just to be sure.

Thanks.

- DAP
David Parker Tazz Networks (401) 709-5130