Re: pgsql: Re-validate connection string in libpqrcv_connect().

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <jdavis(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Re-validate connection string in libpqrcv_connect().
Date: 2024-01-13 07:02:45
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Fri, 2024-01-12 at 21:43 +0000, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Re-validate connection string in libpqrcv_connect().

Looks like the test is causing problems on drogo:

ERROR: could not connect to the publisher: connection to server at
"127.0.0.1", port 54707 failed: FATAL: SSPI authentication failed for
user "regress_test_user"'

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2024-01-13%2002%3A41%3A35

I think we need to change the pg_hba.conf on the publisher before
creating (or at least before enabling) the subscription. I might have
to commit a trial fix unless someone can debug this more easily on
drogo's configuration.

I suppose I could also take out the test, but I like that it adds
better coverage of the password_required setting.

Regards,
Jeff Davis