Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date: 2024-09-20 14:02:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/9/24 12:03 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes; you can
> see the results here:
>
> release-17: 188
>
> I welcome feedback. For some reason it was an easier job than usual.

Attached is a proposal for the major features section. This borrows from
the release announcement draft[1] and lists out features and themes that
have broad user impact. This was a bit challenging for this release,
because there are a lot of great features in PG17 that add up to a very
special release.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=releases/17/release.en.md;hb=HEAD

Attachment Content-Type Size
release-17-major-features.diff text/plain 2.1 KB