Unknown annotation '-cim' in source code

From: Steve Lau <stevelauc(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unknown annotation '-cim' in source code
Date: 2024-07-04 03:46:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Postgres hackers!

While reading the source code, I noticed comments like "-cim 9/10/89". I think this might be an annotation by a developer to indicate the commit time, but from the commit history (using git), they does not seem to match.

Specifically:

1. What does “cim” mean here?
2. Are these annotations still used in modern code practices within the PostgreSQL project, or have they been replaced by version control commit histories? I guess they are not used anymore as there are only 11 annotations in the source code.

I appreciate any information or historical context you can provide regarding these annotations.

Thank you!

Best regards, Steve Lau.