Re: Composite primary keys

From: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Harald Fuchs" <hari(dot)fuchs(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Composite primary keys
Date: 2009-06-23 15:32:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Howdy!

When you say that pg accepts "this" silently instead of complaining what are
you referring to exactly?

First Insert? Why wouldn't it work after all ?

What will happen is that when you try to insert a new record without
specifying the id column you'll get an error informing that
primary key constraint is being violated. But IMHO the first INSERT is legal
SQL....

Best,
Oliveiros