RPM for nagios-plugins-pgactivity requires postgresql12, is this a bug?

From: Bas Gebbing <bas(at)lemonbit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RPM for nagios-plugins-pgactivity requires postgresql12, is this a bug?
Date: 2020-04-21 11:16:21
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

It seems that since the introduction of the pgdg-common repository, we are having difficulty installing the monitoring tool packaged in nagios-plugins-pgactivity.

The RPM requires postgresql12, but if I'm not mistaken, this package should also be compatible with older versions of PostgreSQL and as such this dependency looks like a bug in the RPM.
Is this observation correct?

If yes, then it would be great if this could be fixed, as this is preventing us from properly installing or updating nagios-plugins-pgactivity

I've also filed a report for this; https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5418 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5418>

Thanks, all the best,

Bas Gebbing
Lemonbit Internet