RE: How do I select composite array element that satisfy specific conditions.

From: "Charles Clavadetscher" <clavadetscher(at)swisspug(dot)org>
To: "'a'" <372660931(at)qq(dot)com>, "'pgsql-general'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: How do I select composite array element that satisfy specific conditions.
Date: 2018-05-23 11:29:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I did not really follow this thread, so I am not in clear, why you want to complicate your life that much.
You create a custom data type and then use it in an array in a column. A complex hierarchical structure.
Why don't you simply use JSON or JSONB? Your example sounds terribly academic very much like a school assignment.

Bye
Charles