Re: pgtune + configurations with 9.3

From: Shaun Thomas <sthomas(at)optionshouse(dot)com>
To: 'Josh Berkus' <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgtune + configurations with 9.3
Date: 2014-11-07 14:13:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Yeah, pgTune is pretty badly out of date. It's been on my TODO list, as
> I'm sure it has been on Greg's.

Yeah. And unfortunately the recommendations it gives have been spreading. Take a look at the online version:

http://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/

I entered a pretty typical 92GB system, and it recommended 23GB of shared buffers. I tried to tell the author the performance guidelines have since changed, but it didn't help.