Re: Better Connection Statistics

From: Shaun Thomas <sthomas(at)optionshouse(dot)com>
To: 'rob stone' <floriparob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Better Connection Statistics
Date: 2014-02-07 18:08:51
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

> Perhaps this might be of use.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgstatstatements.html

Nope. As I said in the original message, pg_stat_statements only gives query stats for the whole database. What I want to know, is information about each client. Say there's a specific connection from 192.168.1.20. I want to know:

* How many queries that connection has executed.
* How much CPU time that connection has used since it connected.
* How much data was sent to that connection.
* How much data that connection sent to the database.

And so on. I don't believe that's currently possible. Effectively, it would just be adding a few more columns to pg_stat_activity to track cumulative totals, since it always has the status of all connections.