Fix minor memory leak in connection string validation

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fix minor memory leak in connection string validation
Date: 2024-01-12 23:06:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Introduced in commit c3afe8cf5a.

Someone issuing repeated "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION" commands where the
connection has no password and must_have_password is true will leak
malloc'd memory in the error path. Minor issue in practice, because I
suspect that a user privileged enough to create a subscription could
cause bigger problems.

It makes me wonder if we should use the resowner mechanism to track
pointers to malloc'd memory. Then we could use a standard pattern for
these kinds of cases, and it would also catch more remote issues, like
if a pstrdup() fails in an error path (which can happen a few lines up
if the parse fails).

Patch attached; intended for 16 and 17.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-memory-leak-in-connection-string-validation.patch text/x-patch 1.1 KB