Latest marketing material, flyers, etc

From: "Riaan Stander" <rstander(at)exa(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Latest marketing material, flyers, etc
Date: 2016-09-25 09:12:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Good day

I'm leading the charge in our company to change our software product from
SQL Server to PostgreSQL.

Our reasons are as follows:

Cost: To use our product our self-hosted clients need to have SQL Server
installed. None of them can afford the cost of Enterprise edition, limiting
our ability to offer high availability solutions.

Agility: When we want to use features in newer version of SQL Server we are
in effect forcing our clients to upgrade, at their cost, to the latest
version. This obviously does not go down well, limiting our ability to move
forward.

Our own hosting cost: Even for ourselves paying for SQL Server Enterprise in
order to offer high availability is not a option.

Given the above I'm proposing our company drop SQL Server and move over to
PostgreSQL. Apart from technical features, which we are testing, business
needs convincing to move away from something they know to something new.

Can you point me to any marketing material, facts, use cases, white papers
that can help state my business case.

Regards

Riaan