Performance counters?

From: "Cestmir Hybl" <cestmirl(at)freeside(dot)sk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Performance counters?
Date: 2005-06-23 13:24:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

Does psql maintain some sort of global performance counters?

We are interested mainly in following counters (cumulative, by all psql processes):
- cpu time by all backends
- sql queries count
- fsync count
- disk reads / disk bytes read
- disk writes / disk bytes written
- transaction commit count
- client connect count
- client disconnect count
- backend start count
- backend terminate count

We intend to use these counters (their differences for fixed time periods) for monitoring and reporting purposes.

Thanks,

Cestmir Hybl