Re: Data Warehousing

From: Ken(dot)Colson(at)sage(dot)com
To: rob(dot)kirkbride(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data Warehousing
Date: 2007-09-04 14:06:07
Lists: pgsql-general

>I am on a Linux platform but I'm going to need some pointers regarding
>the cron job. Are you suggesting that I parse the dump file? I assume I
>would need to switch to using inserts and then parse the dump looking
>for where I need to start from?

Something that you may want to consider is dblink from contrib. We have a
similar situation for the archiving of collected data and have been able to
implement a fairly easy solution that does not require the parsing of dump
files, just a simple(ish) query based on the time inserted.

-Ken

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster