New 0200 ODBC Driver issue??

From: Eric Hallander <ehallander(at)tellium(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New 0200 ODBC Driver issue??
Date: 2003-10-28 18:04:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

In order to keep the new driver from locking in a POSIX thread environment,
I had to change connection.c to init the connection mutex (Line 1259). The
driver appears to work now. Why this was an issue I am not sure, because
although there are changes to connection.c to add the usage of this mutex,
my observation from the 0100 version seem to show it too was used before it
was intialized, and it seemed to work fine.

Any Comments?

1251 if (SOCK_get_errcode(sock) != 0)
1252 {
1253 CC_set_error(self, CONNECTION_COULD_NOT_SEND, "Could
not send Query to backend");
1254 CC_on_abort(self, NO_TRANS | CONN_DEAD);
1255 return NULL;
1256 }
1257
1258 INIT_CONN_CS(self);
1259 ENTER_CONN_CS(self);
1260 SOCK_put_char(sock, 'Q');
1261 if (SOCK_get_errcode(sock) != 0)
1262 {
1263 CC_set_error(self, CONNECTION_COULD_NOT_SEND, "Could
not send Query to backend");
1264 CC_on_abort(self, NO_TRANS | CONN_DEAD);
1265 RETURN_AFTER_LEAVE_CS(self, NULL);
1266 }

Eric

Eric Hallander
Tellium Inc.
2 Crescent Place
Oceanport, NJ 07757
(732) 483-2922
(732) 923-9804 FAX
<mailto:ehallander(at)tellium(dot)com> (Work)

<mailto:7323101830(at)mobile(dot)att(dot)net> (Cell Phone 150 chars total)

<http://www.tellium.com/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any review, retransmission or other use of this communication by any person or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication.

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/gif 1.1 KB
image/gif 4.1 KB