Re: table is hanging

From: Nicklas Avén <nicklas(dot)aven(at)jordogskog(dot)no>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: table is hanging
Date: 2019-05-31 11:08:48
Lists: pgsql-general

To find out if there is some locking problem or just takes time for the
client to handle the data, ask just for a small subset of the table.

If

select * from table limit 1;

works it is probably just taking a lot of time to send all the data to
the client.

If the data set includes something large also 1 ow can be heavy.

You can even try with limit 0 to just find out if the table responses.

The client software is often the largest bottleneck, not the database.

/Nicklas