Prepared queries

From: "Cyril VELTER" <cyril(dot)velter(at)metadys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Prepared queries
Date: 2004-02-11 21:08:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm converting an application to use the V3 protocol features in the 7.4
libpq. As I need to make a design choice regarding the use of prepared
statements, I'm wondering what ressources does a prepared statement use on
the server ? If I need to create several hundred in each backend, is there a
big memory overhead ? What's the time spent by the backend to find one
prepared statement into a list of several hundreds of them ?

TIA

cyril