Creating indexes

From: Rauan Maemirov <rauan1987(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Creating indexes
Date: 2008-05-08 19:00:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi, all. I want to ask what type of index is better to create for
bigint types. I have table with bigint (bigserial) primary key. What
type is better to use for it? I tried btree and hash, but didn't
notice any differences in execution time. For GiST and GIN there is a
trouble that I must create operator class, so I limited myself to use
btree or hash. But if it's better to use gist or gin, coment are
welcome.