Re: Error when building new db using pg_restore

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Jim Longwill <JLongwill(at)psmfc(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error when building new db using pg_restore
Date: 2017-06-22 17:13:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On 06/22/2017 10:05 AM, Jim Longwill wrote:

> Ok. Thank you for the input. I do see the 'Description' of plpgsql
> there. So, if I can determine the source table(s) of this information
> perhaps I could delete that particular value. I tried the following
> as per documentation:
> COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS NULL;
> But it did not appear to remove the comment/description. will
> investigate further..

Probably because languages are installed as extensions now and have an
extension script:

plpgsql--1.0.sql

/* src/pl/plpgsql/src/plpgsql--1.0.sql */

/*
* Currently, all the interesting stuff is done by CREATE LANGUAGE.
* Later we will probably "dumb down" that command and put more of the
* knowledge into this script.
*/

CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;

COMMENT ON PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural language';

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com