Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: <jm(at)poure(dot)com>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies
Date: 2003-11-18 15:19:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

_____

From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net]
Sent: 18 November 2003 15:10
To: Dave Page
Cc: jm(at)poure(dot)com; Andreas Pflug; pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] wxGTK2ud BuildRequires
dependencies

Dave Page wrote:

No. They cannot retroactively change the licence on what
we already
have.

I was thinking more in terms of future wxWindows snapshots. Are
we going to be stuck with what we currently have, or will we be able to
integrate future wxWindows code?

Yes, that may be a problem. IANAL, but I still maintain that even if
there is just one of Andreas' patches in the code then they cannot
relicence it without his approval (or removing the code and
reimplementing it clean-room style) anyway. Same applies to any
contributions of course.

This is exactly why the pgAdmin II migration wizard is GPL and a
seperate download - it is based on code from pgAdmin I which was GPL,
and I couldn't contact all of the contributors.

Regards, Dave.