Re: pgadmin3 GTK

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>, "Keith" <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 GTK
Date: 2003-04-08 13:30:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Andreas,

Excellent, thanks. I'll get Mark to have a look once he's finished
building his new dev box.

> Issues:
> Please do not use
> for (int si=0 ; ...)
> Instead, declare int si; separately. You never know what the compiler
> really does from that.

Yeah, I ran into that on the C++ module of my course a while ago. The
Borland compiler barfs on it completely...

> GTK to do:
> - Dialog designing, hopefully portable (at the moment, the win32-
> versions are duplicated to gtk)

That's fine. Mark can look at that.

> - Fonts
> - function keys
> - preferences storing

That should work already if you use sysSettings. We spent some time on
that before Christmas making it work correctly in *nix and Win32. In
win32 it uses the registry, and on *nix, it uses ~/.pgadmin3 iirc.

Regards, Dave