Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:

From: aws backup <albatin(dot)saltanat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
Date: 2016-11-13 16:51:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Adrian,

I assume that the postgres database password is the one which is shown in the DaVinci connect database window.

user: postgres
password: DaVinci

But if I work in the Terminal and change the user "sudo su - postgres" I have to use my admin password.
From the DaVinci manual:

> • Make sure you log in as a user with Admin privileges, then open the Terminal application, located in the /Applications/Utilities folder, and open up the postgres environment for editing by typing:
>
> sudo su - postgres
>
> • At the prompt, type that computer’s administrator password and press return.
>
> • When the “postgres$” prompt appears, you’ll create a backup of the “pg_hba.conf” setup
>
> le for safety by typing:

Therefore I assumed that the postgres user has the same password as my admin account. But maybe I am wrong with these assumptions.

> That is optional and I sort of doubt the application using one.

You think DaVinci is not using any password … ?

Thank you.
Robert