Re: two buglets: createlang and pg_get_triggerdef

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Alvaro Herrera Munoz" <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: two buglets: createlang and pg_get_triggerdef
Date: 2003-08-01 01:07:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Triggers:
> > my_little^trigger BEFORE UPDATE ON test FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE
PROCEDURE foofun()

> Bizarre. It looks fine here. What platform are you on? Anyone else
> see this?

I actually had this while I was developing the feature. I had thought I had
fixed it. It's basically total weirdness in the behaviour of
appendStringInfo function IIRC. Basically, I _think_ it was caused by
having two %s's in this:

appendStringInfo(&buf, "CREATE %sTRIGGER %s ",
trigrec->tgisconstraint ?
"CONSTRAINT " : "",
quote_identifier(tgname));

I managed to get rid of the bug on my development machine, but it's
obviously cropped up again :(

Chris