Re: Tom, I've got an emergency - please help me

From: "Henrik Steffen" <steffen(at)city-map(dot)de>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pg" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tom, I've got an emergency - please help me
Date: 2002-07-15 17:49:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply

> You could try reindexing the system tables, but I don't have a lot of
> hope for that. See the REINDEX man page.

I allready tried this ... didn't work out.

OK - I am sorry, but the ECC-RAM I ordered didn't run in the old server
so I had to order a new server as fast as possible... it's going to run
in a about 20-30 minutes hopefully....

How can I start postgres in stand-alone mode with "-o -P" as you wrote
and then do a pg_dump ? Or did I get you wrong?