Running vacuum while executing the application

From: Raquel Vieira <raquel(dot)vieira(at)ent(dot)efacec(dot)pt>
To: postgreSQL Help Center <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Running vacuum while executing the application
Date: 2003-05-15 09:03:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

My application in C++ use a Postgres Database. I'm executing vacuum once a
day in my database with the application running at the same time (and
interacting with Postgres).
When I execute vacuum, I obtain this error in my application (while trying to
execute a query in Postgres):

[unixODBC]Error while executing the query (non-fatal);
ERROR: RelationClearRelation: relation 1233323 modified while in use

Is there any problem to execute vacuum and trying to access to the database
at the same time?

Thank you.

Raquel