Retrieving field of type bigint[]

From: "RaviShankar K" <ravi(at)e-jan(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Retrieving field of type bigint[]
Date: 2001-08-09 08:28:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi René Pijlman,

Thank you for your mail. Sorry for the delayed reply .
I am giving the details about my application .

> the CREATE TABLE statement used to create this particular
>table (or a description of the table from psql)
CREATE TABLE mytable (sno integer UNIQUE, image_ids bigint[]);

>- some data from this table
The value of one of the row for the image_ids field : {"20", "40"}

I tried to retrieve value of this field using getString(columnName)
method
of ResultSet and I was able to do it . I am able to insert the retrieved
string back in to the
database without any problem . So my problem is solved from my point of
view.

Is there anything wrong in what I did ? If it is , please tell me the
correct way.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi