Fw: Missing Shared Libraries

From: "keith" <keith(at)gmetech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: Missing Shared Libraries
Date: 2001-03-15 00:11:04
Lists: pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
From: keith
To: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 3:51 PM
Subject: Missing Shared Libraries

I have finally got PostgreSQL running on a Red Hat Linux machine, mostly because of the help of some kind people on this mailing list.
Next question please. When I try and run /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql or /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createdb test I get an error that says:
"error in loading shared libraries: libpq.so.2.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

The file is located at /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.2.1 so I don't understand.
Any ideas?