Re: Database Restore errors

From: "Woody Woodring" <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
To: "'Tom Kinard'" <tkinard(at)escloyalty(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Restore errors
Date: 2006-07-26 17:05:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I am running into this issue as well. I am upgrading from 7.4.X to 8.1.4.
My databases were "ASCII" encoded in 7.4.X

I am editing the dumps to remove the non-UTF8 characters, but you could also
create your new db with "ASCII" encoding and it should import fine.

Hope this helps,

Woody
IGLASS Networks

_____