dblink and REWRITE

From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: "Postgres [GENERAL]" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: dblink and REWRITE
Date: 2002-03-21 18:58:49
Lists: pgsql-general

We have a request from our customers to link two database servers through the ISDN link.

Few days ago we wrote a function than can execute the query on the host server, send the
result to the remote server and store it in a temp table. All working fine, but now I'm trying to make
things transparent for the users. One of the first requests was to create a view that represents
the remote data table.

Is it possible to do next using rewrite rule:
Execute function with parameters ,get only needed rows from remote and then return data from created temp table as view data ?

And if we suceed we can say that we have remote parameterized view !!!

Best Regards !

Darko