split postgresql logfile

From: "Paul van Rixel" <p(dot)van(dot)rixel(at)trendpage(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: split postgresql logfile
Date: 2021-11-29 11:12:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I wondered if it is worthwile to split the general postgresql.log file into
a logfile for rdbms related log entries and a connection based logfile?
Just like the Oracle rdbms.log and the listener.log for connections.

Now the postgresql.logs are polluted with log connections/disconnection,
Agent monitoring entries and in between some entries which need some
attention but you missed them. I know the option exists to disable
log_(dis)connections but because of auditing this option must be enabled.
We don't use a tool like Grafana yet and with pgBadger we are experimenting
but skipping "unnessary" lines makes the manually reading of the logs much
more clear.

Any hints, tips or best practice scenario is welcome!

Thanks and have a nice day,

Best regards,

Paul