retrieving configuration of an existing database

From: Chantal Ackermann <chantal(dot)ackermann(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: retrieving configuration of an existing database
Date: 2002-05-03 09:45:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

hello all,

my real goal is to make postgres work with syslog. I thought I had configured
it with --enable-syslog but I cannot start the server with this option
checked. It gives me a "FATAL 1: 'syslog' is not a valid option name".

So I just wanted to make sure that this error happens because I missed the
--enable-syslog in the first place. I believe to have read something about
how to retrieve the configuration of the existing database but I can't find
this part of the documentation anymore - maybe I dreamed of it.

Is there a file or some server call that prints the configuration?

Thanks
Chantal