Temporary database Size & Transaction Logs

From: "Sharma;G(dot)S(dot)" <ghanshyam(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Temporary database Size & Transaction Logs
Date: 2006-08-08 15:28:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I am using Postgres 7.3
can any body tell me is there any Tempdb in postgres, like it is in Oracle or SQL Server ?
If it is there in postgres pls tell me how i can see the space used by tempdb while my application is running ? I have a database of 53 GB ., also can i configure the size of Tempdb..? if yes how to go about it .?

Also tell me where are the trancation logs are stored in postgres and how i can see their size ? What are the recommended size and disk management for Transaction Logs .

Thanks in advance