getIndexInfo() fails

From: Matthias Jordan <jordan(at)kellergb5(dot)cs(dot)uni-dortmund(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getIndexInfo() fails
Date: 2002-01-30 14:23:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi, folks!

I try to use the above method in a project to find out whether
an index has to be created or not.

ResultSet rs = dbInfo.getIndexInfo(null, null, tableName,false, true);

What really drives me nuts is that the ResultSet is always
empty. I even tried it the hard way and nested four for loops
that cycled through possible arguments ( null, "", "%" for
the strings and true and false for the booleans) and even tried
to use the indexName instead of the tableName. Nothing. It also
doesn't matter which JDBC version I use (currently, it's
jdbc7.1-1.2.jar for PostgreSQL 7.1.2 and J2SDK1.3). I
double-checked the table name I pass and the table in question
really has an index associated to it (that's what psql says).

Any idea what could go wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Matthias
--