IndexSupportInitialize Error

From: "Bryan Bullard" <bbullard(at)friendlymatrix(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IndexSupportInitialize Error
Date: 2003-04-04 05:21:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Everyone.

Last week our server's system disk broke causing the server to die a hard death. We run Postgres on another disk and the binaries and associated cluster seemed to have survived. However when I try to connect (psql, dumpdb, dumpall) to any of the databases I get the following error:

FATAL 1: IndexSupportInitialize: bogus pg_index tuple

We are running RH 7.3, Postgres 7.2.1 (We were in the process of upgrading our databases - this was the last). A quick search of the archives doesn't uncover much in regard to this problem. Any ideas our there? Unfortunately we don't have a usable backup for the database in question so any assistance with this would be great.

Thanks

-bryan

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com