Text and Memo or Widestring

From: "Ian" <ian(at)ces-ltd(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Roger De Four'" <radfinancialsystems(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "'Jack C(dot) Wei'" <jackcwei+pgsql(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Text and Memo or Widestring
Date: 2020-07-28 13:26:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello

I have identified what my problem is but have not way of knowing how to resolve it.

I have an MS SQL Express database called estim with Address defined as Text

I have a postgresql database called NewUser with Address defined as Text

In Delphi the ADO Table opens fine in MS SQL but the PostgreSQL Type mismatch Memo / WideString

It seems that the Text data type is not the same for both database structures.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Ian

Ian Burrows