sql to grant privilege on sequence

From: "liuyuanyuan" <liuyuanyuangogo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: sql to grant privilege on sequence
Date: 2014-07-14 06:16:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, Hackers!

I got a question about sequence SQL of pgadmin3 , such as pgAdmin3 of
PostgreSQL9.3.

I found when I GRANT privilege on sequence by pgAdmin3 tool, it's always
show me sql like:

GRANT SELECT, UPDATE ON TABLE sequence_name TO ..

Rather than:

GRANT SELECT, UPDATE ON SEQUENCE sequence_name TO ..

For example:

When I use pgAdmin3 TO create a sequence, I input SEQUENCE NAME - seq1 ,and
add privilege SELECT to public,

Then the SQL shows: GRANT .. ON TABLE .

I checked the documentation of PostgreSQL 9.3 (see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-grant.html),

Then I know the privileges grant on sequence are only a part of that on
table.

Then I want to know, why to use GRANT ON TABLE ? why not to use GRANT ON
SEQUENCE ?

Regards,

Yours

Jasmine