Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

From: "Jordan Henderson" <jordan_henders(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Greg Copeland" <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
Subject: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date: 2002-08-08 14:42:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg,

Well put, I can't agree more. I think even the horse has gotten up and
left.

I think what would be useful is to discuss the theory part. When we go down
that path, we should all be referring to a consistent set of references.
There by we can have a common ground from which to talk. In that spirit, I
would offer up the following references:

- Date has 3, however his most current work is dated 2000, The Third
Manifesto SECOND EDITION.
-There is the work done by Dr Kim, perhaps 'Modern Database Systems, The
Object Model, Interoperability, and Beyond'.
- Silberschatz, Korth, Sudarshan, A book I am sure we have all read,
Database System Concepts - Third Edition.

In any case, we should use the current editions of these books, not
something the author has reconsidered, re-written, and published again.

Jordan Henderson