Error message when using perl to connect to Postgres Server

From: "Erik Colson" <beaver(at)glo(dot)be>
To: "Postgres-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Error message when using perl to connect to Postgres Server
Date: 1999-06-15 12:43:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I installed (compiled) latest versions of Perl, Postgres.

I can access the database via 'psql' but allways get an error when trying to connect from a perl-script :

The message is : Unsupported frontend protocol

As far as I could see, this has something to do with libpq ?
Is this correct ?
libpq.so.2 and libpq.so.3 are compiled with Postgres. What for libpq.so.1 ? I cannot find the sources anywhere, only the binary is on my system !

Thanks for help!

Erik