7.2 functions that return multiple result sets?

From: "mail(dot)luckydigital(dot)com" <james(dot)cooper(at)luckydigital(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 7.2 functions that return multiple result sets?
Date: 2003-02-02 21:45:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Can some one please confirm( with a plpgsql function example please ) a postgres "7.2" function that can return multiple rows to the client.

I've gone through the docs and can't find anything to support this -it seems you can only have one return value or null.

Yes i'm aware this it is possible in 7.3 - can someone please confirm its not possible in 7.2 or provide me with an example of how to go about it.

Thank you.