Problem with query length

From: "Natalya S(dot) Makushina" <mak(at)rtsoft(dot)msk(dot)ru>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with query length
Date: 1999-08-17 13:15:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have posted this mail to psql-general. But i didn't get any answer yet.

When i had tried to insert into text field text (length about 4000 chars), the backend have crashed with status 139. This error is happened when the query length ( SQL query) is more than 4095 chars. I am using PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on Linux.

My questions are:
1. Is there problem with text field or with length of SQL query?
2. Would postgresql have any limits for SQL query length?
I checked the archives but only found references to the 8K limit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for help
Natalya Makushina
mak(at)rtsoft(dot)msk(dot)ru