RE: is the odbc driver or me inconsistent??

From: JT Kirkpatrick <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: is the odbc driver or me inconsistent??
Date: 1999-05-04 17:09:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

ok, it's working now. i don't know what is going on, but my odbc driver
somehow reverted to "read-only". i had to uncheck those boxes (in both
driver and connection) for read-only, delete the links to the tables, and
then re-link. i'm the only one on this machine, and i haven't changed
those settings. i think the solution is to make the front-end to this in
something else besides access! has this ever happened to you???

jt
**********************
rhlinux5.2/postgres 6.4.2, odbc 6.40.5xxxxx, win98/access97

many tables created and working fine -- able to modify, insert, etc. either
directly into the table or through queries.

but now. . .

create table testing (
f1 int4 primary key,
f2 char(6)
);

i link to the table in access97, open it by double-clicking directly on the
link, and it comes up as a table that is not updateable (which also means
that i cannot insert a record either). The other tables linked still work
fine. any ideas? i am trying to solve the problem of not being able to
insert or update a table that has two fields as a primary key. but it
looks like something has gone wrong -- i can't even insert or update this
simple table!

jt