Re: Syntax error needs fresh eyeballs

From: "Mike Sofen" <msofen(at)runbox(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Syntax error needs fresh eyeballs
Date: 2016-12-26 23:40:30
Lists: pgsql-general

From: Rich Shepard
My schema includes three tables and psql throws an error I'm not seeing
when I try to read the schema into the database. I'd appreciate fresh eyes
looking at the table and learning what error I'm not seeing.

The tables:

CREATE TABLE Weather (

site_id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,

site_name TEXT,

site_location TEXT

);

CREATE TABLE Weather_Params (

site_id INTEGER

REFERENCES Weather(site_id),

param TEXT,

param_unit TEXT,

freq INTEGER,

freq_unit TEXT,

equip TEXT,

PRIMARY KEY (site_id, param)

);

CREATE TABLE Weather_Data (

site_id INTEGER

REFERENCES Weather(site_id),

monit_date DATE,

monit_time TIME,

read_by TEXT, -- name of employee collecting data

param TEXT

REFERENCES Weather_Params(param),

param_value REAL,

PRIMARY KEY (site_id, monit_date, monit_time, param) );

The error: ERROR: there is no unique constraint matching given keys for
referenced table "weather_params".

Just a guess...You've camel-cased the table names but aren't using double
quotes. Try either lower-casing all table names and references to them, or
double-quoting all identifiers.

Mike