Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8
Date: 2022-06-14 18:47:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14.06.22 20:27, Andres Freund wrote:
> One thing I'm not quite sure about: Why does the makefile need awareness of
> the stop files, but Install.pm doesn't? I suspect currently the patch leads to
> stopwords not being installed on windows anymore?

Install.pm contains this elsewhere:

GenerateTsearchFiles($target);
CopySetOfFiles(
'Stopword files',
[ glob("src\\backend\\snowball\\stopwords\\*.stop") ],
$target . '/share/tsearch_data/');

It's a bit confusing that the "generate" function that we are patching
also installs some of the files right away, while the rest is installed
by the calling function.